Menu
EJ_1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT

I have tried unsuccessfully to find an email to send my complaint to, so I have no alternative but to post it on here.....Please can someone in the virgin complaints department contact me directly to resolve....

I contacted your sales team on the 8th March at 16:11 to discuss the possibility of upgrading my existing contract which includes a Samsung S7 for the new and improved Samsung S9.

During this 39min conversation your colleague assured me that I would not be paying for 2 contracts consecutively and that I could trade in my S7 as advertised on your website and claim an additional £100 (as it was prior to the deadline of the 15th March).  Any monies owed from my existing contract, which totalled £286, could be offset against the trade in price (approximately £270) and the remaining £18 would be spread out over the life span of the new 36 month contract.  I confirmed this numerous times during the conversation and was assured that I would not have to put up and money upfront or pay to be released from my existing contract.  When I asked how I would go about sending in my old phone he told me that his manager would ring me after we had finished our conversation to discuss what happens next.

Feeling assured that you would honour what had been said I confirmed that yes I would like to continue with the upgrade.

I missed the initial call back on the 8th March at 17:00, as I didn’t manage to get to my phone in time and I believed that your team would try again.  However, this did not happen so I rang you back today (12th March @ 15:04).  I explained to your colleague that I had been waiting for a call back regarding my trade in and upgrade, however when he went through the notes he claims that there was no mention of a call back and after some discussion he has also informed me that what I was promised in the earlier phone call is un-true. 

Firstly he said that my trade in value was only £135, but quickly changed his mind when I mentioned the offer on the internet of the additional £100 and that secondly I would have to buy out of my contract as my trade in value would not be offset against my existing contract.

To say I am annoyed that you obviously do not train your staff correctly is an understatement, do they just say what it is that the customer wants to hear so that you can tie them into another contract??? 

I would appreciate it if you would listen through the original conversation as report back to me with what your findings as to promise a customer something that cannot be delivered is against my consumer rights and I am more than willing to report this to Trading Standards and OFCOM.

I am a very loyal customer who has been with you for several years and I currently have 2 mobile contracts with you, however after my experience I can say that if this is not resolved I will be changing my mobile phone supplier without hesitation…..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: COMPLAINT

You could not find an email address because there isn't one.

You'll need to follow the code of practice for complaints, details

HERE

It wont get picked u[ on here as its not that sort of board, its mostly customers helping other customers with VM staff picking up technical faults when needed.

0 Kudos
Gozzagogo128
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I maybe cynical here but I suspect it’s done on purpose to put people off complaining....

kskooner1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had numerous issues but in the end I drafted my complaint by using a company called Resolver. They are genuine but just google them and read what you need to do to start the complaint. They will submit for you but just read up on how it works. Its also free. Good luck.

i

Crank
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you do that for waiting over 2 weeks for a delivery. when the date to be delivered was cancelled with no explanation until I chased them four times, to be told they'd made a mistake on the packaging, so that they have to reprocess it and cancel that order and that would take another 3-5 days wait?
0 Kudos
kskooner1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is no harm in complaining as this seems unacceptable. They should have offered you a goodwill payment. I would make the complaint. Please note Virgin are not the best at customer service. Good Luck !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi EJ_1974,

Thanks for your post, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I would love to look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message, if you can respond to that and provide the details asked for, I will be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Lindsey_C Forums Team

0 Kudos