cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALLS TO THIS NUMBER ARE BARRED FROM YOUR PHONE

Sueperkins
Joining in

Hi my phone has suddenly started not letting me make outgoing calls it comes up with an error saying CALLS TO THIS NUMBER ARE BARRED FROM YOUR PHONE. Anyone know what I can do? 

6 REPLIES 6

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Superkins, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with out going calls, this isn't good. 

I can appreciate you posted this on Tuesday so can I ask if it's been sorted since? 

If not then can you log in online to ensure your account and payments are up to date? 

Is your Direct Debit still active as this can restrict your services when cancelled? 

Are you having any issues with incoming calls? 

If it's still a problem after checking out all of the above then just reply to the message I'm sending you and we can get to the bottom of it. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma it’s working now it looks as if it had put a prefix for Brussels at the beginning of every call I tried to make. It’s working but I have to go through my address book and add +44 onto every number for that person to show up when they ring or text. 

That will be an iPhone then, have a look in this thread for the solution  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-Dial-Assist-Problems/m-p/3795425#M121363

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Oh, that is annoying. 

You shouldn't have to do that. 

Have you added dial assist to your settings? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Yes it’s on. I’ve tried it both on and off 

Thank you for this I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that seems to have worked