cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing restrictions

Deklan
Joining in

On Google pages do not seem to open if I look up any shooting related items , riflescopes etc , I have been on app and checked the parental is turned off etc but still no avail 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for those details Deklan

Would you be able to test a website now on your mobile data?

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Deklan,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing certain pages on Google. 

If your Web Safe has been turned on, this should not restrict your access to view these pages, unless there are other restrictions outside of our parental control active. I was able to locate your account, and I can see that your Hub has been active for over 100 days. I would advise rebooting your Hub to see if this will help with your issue.

If it's just one website that is being blocked, you can take a look at our Why Do We Block Certain Websites page for more information.

Keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry it’s not my hub this is on iPhone 13 pro 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Deklan,

Thank you for coming back to me about this and for clarifying. Are you able to access these pages via another web browser, or search engine? Have you tried to browse in private mode? 

Please see if clearing your cache and cookies can help clear this problem.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Noticed in small letters 

an SSL error has occurred is visible 

Hi @Deklan, thanks for your reply.
Can you please confirm if you've tried the steps that Paulina has advised above, in terms of accessing the browser in private mode, a different browser and also via a different search engine as opposed to Google?

Also I just want to make sure, when using your phone to browse are you connected to our wifi, or through mobile data?

Regards

Tom_W

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you trying to access over mobile data or your WiFi?

If mobile data then the parental control is different from the one you set in your broadband account which must be switched off separately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have tried incognito made etc and access through mobile data , I have also noticed that national lottery app only opens 1 in 10 attempts also could this all be linked ? 

Hi Deklan

Can you please have a look here and see if its set on your Mobile 

Are you able to use another device on your Wifi network to access the sites 

Gareth_L

Both are already set as off , I’m using mobile data not WiFi