Menu
Little_L
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bluetooth issues

Today my Bluetooth won't pair to any devices that it has been connected to for some months. When trying to pair to my car, laptop, a relatives mobile I get asked on the other device to confirm the code, however there is no code showing on my phone and nowhere allowing me to add the code. I then get a message saying unable to connect as passkey is incorrect. I've had the phone approx 6 months and it has always been connected via Bluetooth with no problems. Anybody have any idea? I've tried everything I can think of but just have no way of adding a passkey.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bluetooth issues

First thing I would try is a reboot of your phone to see if that clears the problem.

Next try deleting one of the Bluetooth items on your phone and then try re- adding from start again.

Last of all try, resetting Bluetooth on the phone, usually under "reset network".

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Little_L
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for tour reply. 

I have tried all of those several times but I am still faced with the same problem. Each time I try to connect to any Bluetooth device I get the same messge asking me to confirm passkey  it there is.no notification on my screen anywhere of any passkey and no option.to add a passkey. I then get a message to say una le to connect due to incorrect passkey. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Little_L,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

What is the handset you've got? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Little_L
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's an Xperia XA2. I spent some time on the Virgin text service running various tests and trying things over and over again. Have ended up doing a factory reset and setting phone up as new which seems to have rectified the error. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Little_L, 

I'm glad it seems to have been resolved for you. 

Do let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos