Menu
Highlighted
Jim-in-Darwen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blocked websites on phone

I am finding this so frustrating and hope someone can help.

One of my interests is air rifle target shooting and often when at the club when "chewing the fat", as we sometimes spend a lot of time doing, talk will turn to a new scope or air rifle on the market. I try to access a website to get some information and Virgin step in and stop my access (blocked content!!!!!)

Can someone tell me how to turn off this infuriating blocking of websites. I think it is WAY over the top to block websites that sell air rifles or/and telescopic sights. There is no dubious content and children can't purchase air rifles on line - even I at 72 can't do that as the UK VCR stops anyone doing that.

Please - how do I turn this annoying function off?

Thanks in anticipation
Jim

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blocked websites on phone

Hi Jim

sounds like the parental controls might need to be switched off on your account.  There is a VM help page on this here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/parental-controls-for-mobile

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Jim-in-Darwen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked websites on phone

Many thanks - will check it out. 

Jim