cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked phone number

jayhonda
On our wavelength

My phone has blocked a single number although I can call that number. No other numbers on my contacts list are affected. I have checked my blocked numbers list but the number doesn’t appear there. I have also deleted the contact name and number and set it up again from phone storage to sim, without success. The number is my mums and it’s vital that she’s able to call me at anytime. Any ideas? 
PS I didn’t block it, who dare do that!!! 

11 REPLIES 11

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jayhonda

Sorry to hear that 

Can I ask what phone you have 

What number is calling you, Landline or Mobile 

Gareth_L

jayhonda
On our wavelength

Hi,

phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G which I only changed to recently. Everything ok until 13th September when I found my mums landline number was being blocked. In addition to my original email I have cleared phone cache (found this as a possible solution when I was trawling the internet for answers) although I admit to not knowing what this means! Your help appreciated.

Hi jayhonda

The number that is calling and is blocked is it in standard format like 07 or does it start with +44

Gareth_L

jayhonda
On our wavelength

Hi thanks for replying. It’s a standard landline 014…..

Have tried the line 4 times today and it worked twice but the other times the message was unavailable please leave a message. Hit and miss. 

Thanks for your reply, jayhonda,

Are you able to try the SIM in another device and confirm if this still occurs? 

Cheers,

Corey C

jayhonda
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and not giving up! Unfortunately my last phone does not support this type of sim and I don’t have access at the moment to another which will.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @jayhonda

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Is the landline number having any issues receiving calls apart from with your number? When you try to call the number what happens? Does it connect to the landline at all? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jayhonda
On our wavelength

Hi,

the landline (my mum’s) is able to receive and make calls to all other numbers. Oddly I can make calls from my mobile to that number. The problem is that my mobile number is the only one that the landline number will not connect to. The message reads, blocked call, declined by phone.

Thanks for confirming jayhonda,

So I can look into this a little further I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm