cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting a lost phone

Blwilliams
Tuning in

Hi,

I have lost my phone which is on a virgin pay monthly contract. Insurer won't handle claim until IMEI of phone is blacklisted. Insurer told me only network provider Virginmobile can black list it. Spoke to Virginmobile who said as the phone was not bought from Virgin they cannot blacklist it even though I have the IMEI number. Virginmobile said only the people I bought the phone from (Envirofone) can blacklist it. Envirofone said they they have no ability or means to blacklist a phone and only the network provider Virginmobile can do it. It appears I am stuck. Searching the forum it seems that others have been in the same situation and that Virgin can (and are the only people) that can blacklist the phone. 

Looking for help from someone from Virgin on this forum to assist me.

Thanks.

Similar case:-

Solved: Blacklisting a phone brought from apple - Virgin Media Community - 3988070

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Blwilliams

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blwilliams,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see you have called into the team regarding this. 

Do you still require any assistance in blacklisting your handset?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding. Yes I still require assistance as when I called in the Virginmobile member of staff did not blacklist the phone.

Thanks,

Brett

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

What I will do is private message you so we can progress this. 

^Martin

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Blwilliams

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R