cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist confirmation

JAK4
Joining in

IPhone purchased from virgin was stolen. I need confirmation for insurance that the phone has been blacklisted. But virgin employee cannot provide this information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JAK4,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Has your insurance provider confirmed exactly what evidence they're after and would accept to process your claim?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JAK4,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Has your insurance provider confirmed exactly what evidence they're after and would accept to process your claim?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Insurance provider wants proof that phone has been  blacklisted.  But I am guessing that confirmation that virgin has set the phone to blacklist would be sufficient. 

Hi @JAK4

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you received no notification whatsoever of the blacklist to your email?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I asked for proof of purchase & confirmation of blacklisting. I got proof of purchase. But no confirmation of blacklisting.

Hi @JAK4

We do not have an official "proof of blacklisting" to provide although if needed we can manually type a letter and get it printed on letter headed paper if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

That may be enough for them. Is there an email address for customer service. Or will I need to phone them again?

I'm going to drop you a private message now @JAK4 - please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

janey55
On our wavelength

Hi Travis,

I am in the same predicament. Please can I be sent a letter or email also? I called your team last week on Friday to tell you that my daughters had been stolen. Whilst the agent was ordering a new SIM that they could blacklist a 3rd party device. I called a short while after to obtain proof of this along with proof of usage and proof that the SIM was replaced. I have called several times and been told in at least 2 occasions that it could be done and had been requested. I was advised to call if I did not receive the required documentation today. I call and I am told that this cannot be done. Even after speaking with Customer Relations. I cannot claim on the insurance without this and the device cost nearly £700! My daughter is 13 years old without a phone. Please help! 

Kind regards. 

Jane