cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill paid but still showing as overdue amount

davethegeo
Tuning in

My account is usually paid by Direct Debit. However, on Nov 8th Virgin failed to collect the due amount by DD. I had a phone call from Virgin on the 12th saying I need to pay my bill, so I made a manual payment on that date as DD wasn't taken. On morning of 15th I noticed my mobile data had been blocked as had the ability to send SMS.

Spoke to someone on phone who promised to sort it out and who credited my account with a small amount "for inconvenience".

This morning, account still showing as overdue amount despite a positive credit balance. Still no mobile data. 

Not impressed. Virgin's fault and I'm powerless to get anything done.

16 REPLIES 16

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davethegeo,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Mobile account. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see you have spoken with our agents regarding this. 

To be able to look into this further I will private message you so we can pass some data protection. 

^Martin

Incredible.

This morning I received an email from Virgin. ".....We're writing to let you know that we haven't received payment to cover your latest Virgin Mobile bill.It's important you make your payment as soon as possible, to avoid having your services suspended."

This is despite Virgin not taking money via DD, despite me paying the outstanding bill manually five days ago, despite virgin putting money into my account and despite me paying an additional amount just to be sure. 

The email goes on to say that I have to pay my bill by DD monthly. Well - my DD is active and details are correct. Virgin - you just need to sort yourselves out.

I'm furious.

Hi davethegeo,

As we have discussed, we are already working to rectify this for you. 

With regards to the email sent to you, this is an automated email and not send manually by someone. 

^Martin

gillhoose
On our wavelength
  • I’ve just had a text saying that I’ve not paid my virgin media mobile bill. My direct debit comes out in 11th of every month. There was a problem with my package and I was on the phone to Virgin on Monday who stated that all is in order with my home package and my mobile account. Why am I getting this message. Is it a scam. The number is 0800052xxxx. Can someone please look into this.

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Hey there @gillhoose, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you've received a text saying the bill hasn't been paid.
To see if everything is up to date please check on My Virgin Media here.

We have had some reports where customers are receiving notification where it says they haven't paid their bill but they have, please check the app and let us know what it says.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gillhoose
On our wavelength

I have t set up any app for my mobile phone just my home package 

Just to clarify @gillhoose, have you ever registered for my VM mobile https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/set-up-virgin-mobile-account? If so, have you checked your billing to see if anything is due https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/loginForVMB?execution=e2s1

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gillhoose
On our wavelength

Looks as if that’s what’s going to happen to me. I was on the phone to virgin 3 days ago and they checked my mobile and told me that it was all in order and now I’m getting emails telling me I’m not paying my bill. It’s ridiculous. Been on hold for 42 minutes but as usual no one is there to speak to me. 

gillhoose
On our wavelength

According to virgin Ive already registered an  account so I’ve asked for a link to reset my password. However each time I try and put the code in they say it’s wrong. I’m getting really angry with this now.  I get sent a link which is meant to be valid for 24 hours but when I press on the link it says link expired. What the hell is going on virgin.  This is pathetic. What a rubbish service.