cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware errors in Mobile Airtime Price Increase 2022

ian200
On our wavelength

Here we go again.

I have two phones on my contract, both with £6 for 5GB, which I took out in December 2021.

One phone, mine, is a part of a contract for an iPhone XR, but the contract clearly states that the Handset and Airtime are different contacts.

Second phone, my wife's iPhone SE Gen2 is a Sim Only.

Either November or December last year I got an email for 5GB for £6, for me, that  was a no brainer as I was spending that for 1GB.

I phone 789 and started the wrangling.

"Oh, you can't change the tariff on the Contract phone",

no, I said, you clearly state that these are separate contract for Handset and Airtime, I wish to change just the Airtime.

"No,you need to settle the contract to do that"

no I don't, you make it clear they are two separate contracts, I wish to change only the Airtime element.

Young lady goes away and comes back and changes the Airtime to £6 and 5GB, but it is clear when I look at my contract later, it is only a **bleep** discount, not an Airtime change, no problems I think.

Change my wifes phone, no issue it is a Sim Only, easy fix.

January this year, get the typical letter that price is going up by February 2022 RPI and 3.9%

My price went from £6 to £7.05, my wife's from £6 to £6.70

Checking the RPI it was supposed to be 8.2% in February, up from 7.8%, but it seems the 7.8 + 3.9 = 11.7% is actually what they used, so indeed £6 / 100 x 11.7 is indeed 70 pence i.e. £6.70, which my wife's is.

So why is mine £7.05

No one can tell me, but if I hadn't caught this Id be paying more, yes I know its only £0.35 a month, but that's just another £4.20 a year, and as we know, every pound's a prisoner at the moment.

Anyway, resolved no, they have added another £1 credit, now £6.05 a month going forward, until next year I suppose.

Please check your accounts, they are making enough money from us, at this most difficult of times.

3 REPLIES 3

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ian200,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any confusion caused with the price rise.

Just to clarify, do you need further help with this? Or are you just posting this for others to see?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ian200
On our wavelength

Thanks Hayley,

Yes, resolved, the ‘no’ in the last paragraph should be ‘now’.

Just a general warning showing the difference between contract and sim only.

Regards,

Ian

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply @ian200.

I am sorry for everything, thanks for the information about everything.

If you ever need anything, we are here to help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide