cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belgium numbers format - Sim Applications option missing

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi all

So last year all my families iPhones had an issue that was fixed by going to Mobile Data>Sim Applications> and changing the option from international or auto to National.

This made the iPhone always think it was in the Uk and the contacts never reformatted to a Belgium format as the Virgin network uses a Belgium proxy network. 

This weekend I bought my wife a preowned iPhone 12pro. Today she tells me her numbers are wrong and her phone doesn’t recognise any numbers! 

this is was back! That’s an easy fix I thought.

Nope! Sim applications has gone! The simple fix has vanished?!!

has it been removed by Virgin or apple? 

what can we do now? 

I know that we are on O2 now via virgin virtual network and that we will in 2023 move fully to O2 so hopefully this issue will go but for now it’s an issue. I have 4 mobiles on my account. 

Virgin Mobile please assist. 

thanks

23 REPLIES 23

Hi

Today my wife’s numbers changed again in her contacts to Belgium format. The simple fix  was to restart the iPhone and the contacts changed back. I didn’t turn dial assist on and off or go to the settings and change any regional details.

this is a simple issue with the sim still looking at the relay or server in Belgium and thinking your mobile is in Belgium. 

let’s hope the migration to O2 fully removes this. 

Need this done on all my 4 family accounts asap. 

Cheers All

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. We do apologise that you're having to go through this. Glad to hear that this has been corrected by a mobile reboot. 

Let us know how you get on going forward and we can look into this further for you if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheRookieGB wrote:

Hi

Today my wife’s numbers changed again in her contacts to Belgium format. The simple fix  was to restart the iPhone and the contacts changed back. I didn’t turn dial assist on and off or go to the settings and change any regional details.

this is a simple issue with the sim still looking at the relay or server in Belgium and thinking your mobile is in Belgium. 

let’s hope the migration to O2 fully removes this. 

Need this done on all my 4 family accounts asap. 

Cheers All

If it doesn't you will have the opportunity to get a new all UK SIM from O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

And just to keep you in the loop. Wife’s iPhone 12 has done it again today.

hold down up two buttons of iPhone and it turns if off and on (soft reset) and the contacts are back to normal until the next time.

It’s March so looking for a letter in the post or email from virgin/O2 to migrate soon. (Hint virgin!)