cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belgium numbers format - Sim Applications option missing

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi all

So last year all my families iPhones had an issue that was fixed by going to Mobile Data>Sim Applications> and changing the option from international or auto to National.

This made the iPhone always think it was in the Uk and the contacts never reformatted to a Belgium format as the Virgin network uses a Belgium proxy network. 

This weekend I bought my wife a preowned iPhone 12pro. Today she tells me her numbers are wrong and her phone doesn’t recognise any numbers! 

this is was back! That’s an easy fix I thought.

Nope! Sim applications has gone! The simple fix has vanished?!!

has it been removed by Virgin or apple? 

what can we do now? 

I know that we are on O2 now via virgin virtual network and that we will in 2023 move fully to O2 so hopefully this issue will go but for now it’s an issue. I have 4 mobiles on my account. 

Virgin Mobile please assist. 

thanks

23 REPLIES 23

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that your partner is experiencing some formatting related issues on their new iPhone 12 Pro handset. Would you mind confirming any other troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Posts on this are mounting up

Sim Toolkit will not be requred when you are moved to O2 proper, but it seems they have jumped the gun

Expect one of the team to invite you to a private message as it seems they don't want whatever is going on in the public domain 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

Zach_R

(you need to watch severance on Apple TV - ref: Zach_R)

So wife has a iPhone 11 and all fine. Saturday I swapped it for a preowned iPhone 12 Pro fully wiped and bought from retailer. All seems fine with 5g and info all across fine.

Today her numbers are showing as Belgium format. 

The only fox so far is to turn off ‘dial assist’ and restart the iPhone. 

However some numbers that come through with the +44 format are then not recognised by the iPhone and you have to add the +44 version to the contact. It’s because it doesn’t recognise the international format because dial assist is off.

strangley I had this also and just thought it was a bug one day.

Sim applications option is missing on both our iPhones. 

would moving to O2 fully fix this? 

please assist 

Hi Enlli

This issue last year was fixed and now it’s coming up again.

it might be that turning off dial assist fixes it, however that might mean that mobiles with +44 in the number are not recognised until they are added to your contact. My wife said my number came up as +44 instead of the Name.

once I updated my contact with both +44 and non +44 formats it worked.

So far the wife’s numbers have not changed to Belgium since restart with dial assist off. But I know this can change any minute.

cheers 👍😎

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Thanks for expanding. Are you able to locate and enable Dial Assist if it isn't already?

To locate and enable this, head to Settings > Phone > Dial Assist.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi TheRookieGB,

My iPhone has just done it again in the past hour or two since I posted on a similar complaint to yours. - 

Changing numbers to international format - Virgin Media Community - 5248224

Regards,

Dave

Hi Zach_R

yes turning dial assist off and restarting her iPhone has helped. 

but as mentioned to Enlli in the other  reply. If someone calls with the +44 format and that number was in your contacts but in a standard Uk mobile format of 07777 123445 then the +44 number is not recognised and you have to use ‘Siri suggests’ or if you know the number and name update the existing contact with the same number but in international format. 

so my wife has me as iPhone: 07777 123456 and Mobile as +44 7777 123456 which is silly.

hope that makes sense.

I have dial assist on and it works fine on my 13 pro.

Hi @TheRookieGB,

Thank you for trying that. I'm sorry to hear it hasn't helped.

If Dial Assist is enabled but the issue remains, you should try to reset the Language & Region. To do this, head to Settings > General > Language & Region > Region and then select United Kingdom. 

If the Region is already set to United Kingdom, select the region relevant to the prefix that's coming up, and then change it back to United Kingdom. This should help push the reset and correct the Region of the settings.

Let us know how you get on with that.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi Zach_R

That fix will sort the international issue temporarily until the roaming looks at Belgium again and changes it. The only fix I know was the Sim Applications option. 

I can try it on my wife’s iphone tomorrow but that won’t fix the dial assist issue.

so with dial assist off the numbers so far don’t change but the iPhone doesn’t recognise contacts with +44 in there number.

with dial assist on the numbers change to Belgium format and she can’t dial out. 

the region format is ok on Uk. 

it has to be the Sim roaming issue as it’s been fine for months since that fix on her old iPhone 11.

Can you answer all my queries please? Sim applications? Deleted? Move to O2? 

thanks for the replies.