cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beer sites being blocked

oohbully
Joining in

Two of my beer related apps don’t work on mobile but do on wifi or when I use my VPN on mobile. I put a ticket in with one app and they blamed virgin mobile.
I have checked my parental control and it’s off. I even tried the turn it on reboot the phone and turn it off again, reboot the phone. That doesn’t work either. Any other suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oohbully

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing these apps, I appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, is the issue only when you're using your mobile data? Do the apps just not load when you open them or is there an error code/message that pops up? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sofia,

When I went to mobile it used to log me out of the app and give me an error code when I tried to login. It let me straight in if I was on wifi or my VPN. Today it’s changed a bit (maybe due to me turning the parental control on and off yesterday. Now it’s just very slow and I get the wheel of death whenever I run a search. When I start up my VPN ithe app becomes useable again.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see. 

That is a little strange, could you possibly let us know the name of the apps so we can see if its replicated for us? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak the App is Untappd, I was also getting the login error with Camra’s Good Beer Guide app.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @oohbully,

Thanks for confirming. We have not yet been able to replicate the same issue.

Please can you confirm:

• Have you tried deleting and re-installing either app?
  • Is your phone running on the latest software?

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I’m on IOS 14.8. I’ve deleted then re-installed Untappd. That hasn’t fixed the issue on mobile. But when I turn on my VPN it fixes it, although not the complete answer as when I’m out I sometimes struggle to get a decent enough signal to turn on my VPN. 
Untappd tell me it’s a known issue with Virgin Mobile they are trying to get to the bottom of.too.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us  @oohbully

I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If Untappd have raised the issue with us, I can assure you we'll be looking into a solution to get this resolved ASAP. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team