cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays insurance claim

Rachmcd
Joining in

Hi, I had a contract with Virgin for 2 years, I paid for the device and the SIM card separately. When the device plan ended in July 2021 I carried on paying for the SIM card and have done ever since. I then decided to buy a new iPhone directly from Apple and placed my Virgin sim into the new phone. On Friday I had my phone stolen. I reported the stolen phone to the police and contacted Virgin to have the sim and IMEI blocked straight away, which was confirmed via email. 

I have made an insurance claim with Barclays and they are asking for proof of usage and proof of barring. Please could you help me with this? I’m aware that I did not purchase the phone from Virgin but is there any way you can help with documents for my insurance claim? 

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rachmcd,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear your phone was stolen. We can understand the inconvenience caused. We typically do not have documentation for proof of usage or barring however we can send a letter confirming when the phone was reported stolen and the actions we took based on the report. In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rachmcd
Joining in

Please can somebody help me on this?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you  @Rachmcd as I was out of the office. I have sent you a response via private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Yes, the email has been sent @Rachmcd. You should receive it in the next 20-30 mins.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi I haven’t received anything?

Are you able to check your junk mail to see if it's there? Are you able to confirm the mail box you are checking?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I’ve checked the inbox and the junk mail and it’s not there. My email address is [DELETED]@gmail.com 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Apologies @Rachmcd Please be careful not to post your private details here on forums.

I have resent the email to the one registered on your account. Please check again in 20 minutes and let me know if it is received.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Nothing received