cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad signal and no response to my complaints

Cspence1
Joining in

Since January my signal inside my home has been dreadful and often non existent.  Countless times a day I get a pop up saying refreshing sim data. 

I have had a WhatsApp chat with virgin in February which gave me suggestions and none helped, and they sent me a new sim which also didn't resolve.  After that I had a lengthy phone call with virgin mobile, again tried the suggestions to no avail. I wasnt told the reason why my signal was so bad but was assured that it would be sorted soon. Also was told someone would be in touch with me about it, I gave my landline number and my daughters phone number but no contact. Virgin also has my email address and home address but nothing. I have sent 2 official complaints, the 1st  one on 5th april and despite it saying I would hear with 28 days, still nothing. I'm at my wits end with this now, Im missing important calls and messages as the signal is so bad. 

I have been a virgin mobile customer for many years and until January I've always had good signal and service,  so the service I am receiving now has shocked me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This seems to have occurred around about the time Virgin were moving from EE,  their long term supplier of signal onto Vodafone.

Might be worth checking here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker 

Surprisingly another move is coming up from Vodafone to O2. Haven't got a timescale for completion but I suspect before the end of this year

O2 can be checked here

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

If both of these show weak signal you may be best moving to a network that uses EE as you know that works

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cspence1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, can I ask are you facing issues when you're outside of the household too?

Let us know,

Kain

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This seems to have occurred around about the time Virgin were moving from EE,  their long term supplier of signal onto Vodafone.

Might be worth checking here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker 

Surprisingly another move is coming up from Vodafone to O2. Haven't got a timescale for completion but I suspect before the end of this year

O2 can be checked here

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

If both of these show weak signal you may be best moving to a network that uses EE as you know that works

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply,  yes signal is also bad in my garden and if I try to use it in the surrounding area. It seems fine about half a mile from my home. 

Also why have virgin not replied to my complaints?

The signal is also bad or non existent in my garden and the surrounding areas. It seems to get better about half a mile from my house.

Also why are virgin mobile not responding to my complaints?

Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I will check the signals of both Vodafone and  02  and if both bad for my area then I will have to consider moving to EE like you suggested.  You have given me more information in your few paragraphs than virgin have given me in the lengthy WhatsApp chat and phone calls to them. Many thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @Cspence1,

Have you been able to go through the self care checks here ?

In regards to your complaint, we do aim to respond to these within 28 days of receipt so I do apologise you've not yet had a response. 

Can you see the status of this via your online account?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes i have tried all the suggestions and nothing has helped.

No i cant see anything about the status of my complaint on my account.  

I have sent 3 more replies and nothing back so I submitted another complaint yesterday but I'm not hopeful for a reply. Its really not good enough to be ignoring paying customers like this.

I would like to take a closer look into things for you so will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs