cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad call quality

Nicade
Joining in

Had my number ported over today from O2 to Virgin, call quality is horrendous! My customers tell me it sounds as if I have a box over my head and standing away from the phone. Also, there’s a delay in them hearing me. My side is just as bad, I can barely hear the caller as it is so muffled.

I called 789 from my phone and they told me to reset network settings and enable VoLTE. I did this but nothing has changed, even with Wi-Fi calling enabled. 

I notice my phone is on 4G but as soon as I make or receive a call it drops to 3G, even though 4G is selected in my settings.

How can this be rectified as it’s impossible to work like this? Up until my number was ported I have never had an issue.

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's dropping down to 3G to call then VoLTE is not working.

Technically things should be the same as both are O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nicade,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are facing issues with calls since porting in from O2 to Virgin, as you have advised the Port went through today it can take up to 48 hours to settle.

Regards

Paul.

Unfortunately it is still the same. On a call, the voice is very tinny sounding and muffled. Even with the volume turned up high I have difficulty understanding the words the caller is saying. Feedback I am getting is I sound exactly the same to the caller. And calls are either dropping dropping out constantly or there is no sound at all on answering the call.

I was previously on contract with O2, the problems have only started since I switched to Virgin SIM only.

4G is enabled on my device but it drops to 3G every time I make a call. VoLTE is also enabled.

I am on a rolling 30 day contract, how do I give notice to switch provider please?

Hi @Nicade 👋 Thank you for coming back to us and sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same problem 😔

In order to look into this for you further, I will send you a private message now.

Regards,
Daniel