cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Mobile Data Speeds

Cryptocaned
Joining in

Used to get decent speeds, but last year it dropped off a cliff (see attached images).

I used to get through 80GB of data, but I'm struggling to get good enough speeds to:

Get good responses from Google assistant.

Stream music reliably.

Access web pages/load content in a reasonable time.

Screenshot_20230212-180819.png

Screenshot_20230212-193209.png

  

29 REPLIES 29

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cryptocaned 

I've put your home and workplace postcodes into https://status.o2.co.uk/ both are coming up with congestion.

There is no short change fix to this 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Cryptocaned 

My apologies that this is still ongoing for you. My apologies for the congestion issues you are currently experiencing in the BA1 areas. I can assure you, the teams are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I was in Liverpool last night Anfield area. 5G 2mbps. I know I’ve reported my area before but wow this network is screwed. I can’t go anywhere without issues. I couldn’t load my sat nav 

What’s the penalty if I cancel my 30 days sim early and move to a new provider?

How on earth can it be this bad. It needs report to ofcom because o2s claims are false.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No penalty on 30 day rolling. Just get a PAC code to move.

Guess it was the match last night that saturated the network 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I’m moving to a new network I’ve just ordered a new sim. I’ve not even lasted a month! Anyone reading this, don’t move to any o2 network providers.

Hi @proby84 thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

We hope this is resolved for you, but if you do want to cancel as mentioned, if you are on a 30-day rolling contract, this won't incur any penalty fees.

Many thanks

Tom_W

cje85
Trouble shooter

O2 is a very poor network for data. it is constantly in last place behind EE, Three and Vodafone.

There are far too many customers on O2 and not enough spectrum (bandwidth) to meet the demand.  Even their 5G is much slower than the other networks.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cje85 wrote:

O2 is a very poor network for data. it is constantly in last place behind EE, Three and Vodafone.

There are far too many customers on O2 and not enough spectrum (bandwidth) to meet the demand.  Even their 5G is much slower than the other networks.

And adding 3.5 million Virgin Mobile customer onto a crowded network, really was the last straw. It was like M5 traffic joining a gridlocked M6

Just received my smarty sim,

I now get 300mbps on 5G in the same location where got 2mbps  on Virgin. I also get a better a signal.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @proby84,

Thank you for coming back to us and for updating the thread on your situation. Glad to hear that you're happy with your current services.

If there's anything else we can do going forward, please let us know. We're here if you need us.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs