cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Awaiting order process from back office team?

franmac99
Tuning in

Yes I've read it. As I stated, I was told when I placed the order that I'd passed the credit check, so if I've passed why would it need to be carried out again?

19 REPLIES 19

Hi, I've ordered a new contract with yourselves and I've been told the back office are handling it and will be in touch? Can you help me out please, as I was told I passed the credit check but have not had an email with the credit agreement. Moving from Three and was hoping you'd be better but so far I'm very disappointed

Did this get resolved? The same thing has happened to me despite being told I've passed the credit check! Awaiting the credit agreement via email and was told by someone on the phone that the back office will be in touch! 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello frammac99, thank you for posting on our help forum with your issue.

We're sorry to hear you haven't heard back from us since you applied for our mobile services, if have recently placed an order and haven't received any documents from us in regard to this deal going ahead, best way to find out more on it's progress would by to reach our Mobile Sales team at 0800 052 0238 so they can advise further on where we are with this.

You may also use our SMS support for doing this if you prefer, pop us a message at +44753 301 6422 and the team will pick up your query from there.

Please, let us know how you get on and if you need more help, glad to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, I've already rang and spoken to someone. They said that I'm down to receive a call from someone in the back office team because it's my first contract with Virgin. I've never had this hassle before with another phone provider, I've had contracts in my own name with Tesco Mobile and Three before and I've never gone through this. As a new customer this is not a good start. All I'd like is a new contract and mobile phone, like I ordered. But every time I go on your online webchat or call the customer service number I get fobbed off, and they tell me my order is with the back office. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us about this, franmac99.

Since you stated that you've also purchased a new handset this might take a bit longer to process.

When was it when you last spoke with our team about this and we advised of the call to follow?

Also, as you're not technically a customer yet due to no signed agreement we do not hold any of the info you provided upon sale therefore we're unable to check this further on our end, sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. 

Please, bear with us until the relevant team gets in touch to update you on the progress of this.
Any more queries or concerns you may have let us know, we're happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

I spoke to someone on the phone approximately 4 hours ago today. No one has cared to explain to me what it means for my order to be with the back office, and no one has explained to me what the procedure is. I've looked this up and it appears I am not the first person who has been ignored like this when questioning this. I just wish someone would explain to me what is happening, what the timeline is and when I can expect my phone arriving. I'm going to be paying enough for this contract so I would have though the customer service would be better than this. Also saying I'm not technically a customer yet is coming across as you trying to turn a blind eye just because you haven't had any money from you yet. I've never experienced this before when setting up a new mobile phone contract!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear you feel this was, franmac99.

We're just trying to explain that at this early stage of the process we do not have access to the info you need so to help out, our back office team might take some time to perform the checks required, for more on this please refer to our T&C's page here and have a read to our credit check policy.

I would advise to wait until tomorrow for the updates from our team that's processing your order, let us know if you have more questions to ask.

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

I don't think you quite understand what I am asking. All I'm wanting to know is why has it gone to your back office rather than the order just being processed? I was told when I ordered the phone and contract that I had passed the credit checks, so there isn't anything else that could be preventing me from having this contract, surely? I have never experienced this from any other mobile networks I've been on. I've also used a PAC code to keep my number, and that expires after 30 days so I can't wait indefinitely!

franmac99, you not going to get a straight answer out of Adri. Simple fact of the matter is they dont know why your order has gone to the back office, but instead of saying that their just giving you the usual virgin BS. Hopefully the back office team phone you soon, dont count on it though.