cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoforward from works phone rings on iPhone but doesn’t go to answerphone

austhorpe61
Joining in

Would be grateful for some advice

Previously on Three and I could forward my works phone to my personal phone and if I didn’t answer it then it would go to voicemail 

Since moving to VM it forwards ok but then instead of going to answerphone if I don’t answer in time it rings busy and then disconnects 

I’ve tried the support line and neither Apple or VM can fix it

is it something that isn’t possible or am I missing some setting somewhere

as an aside on if the support suggestions was to reset my network settings which I did. After that it should my recent call from my works mobile which is a UK number with a Belgium prefix 😬

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure about the answerphone problem but regarding Belgian prefixes this is a common fault and can be cured as follows.

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the reply

I’ve changed to national and the regional settings are OK

Still got the same problem but it’s not disconnecting after ringing. It changes to an out of order type of ring and then there is a message that says “this users phone is not available please try later “

It obviously recognises the phone as I can answer it but it just can’t take the next step of going to voicemail 

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Hello austhorpe61,

Thanks for taking the time to raise you mobile query via the forums, we appreciate you raising this with us and welcome to the community.

We don't currently support call forwarding, as a virtual network using EE and have had no information to advise this will change on SIM cards using the Vodafone network either. This doesn't mean it isn't possible, it's just not a system change we can make or check here to resolve this.

Rob

Many thanks for the  quick reply 

ive decided to cancel and go with EE as the other show stopper was no support for Apple Watch on cellular 

Hey ho

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @austhorpe61,

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear you decided to cancel but hope this works best for you.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide