cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked to port mobile to VM got new sim with different number?

VelvetGlove
On our wavelength

Hi, would really appreciate some advice please.

I recently re-negotiated my VM media package and now have an Oomph bundle. I asked to port my PAYG mobile number from EE to Virgin so naturally I needed a Virgin sim. I had obtained the PAC number from EE beforehand and gave this to Virgin.

I received my sim today - put it in my mobile - got an immediate text message saying "Good news! your PAC code has been confirmed".

BUT!... The new sim card has a different phone number to my old one and it appears to be working!

The letter says my old service with EE on the old number will terminate tomorrow.

So does this mean I just wait and eventually my old number will be activated on Virgin's network using this new sim? Is this some sort of temporary number? Do I have to do anything more?

I don't yet have a Virgin mobile web account - do I wait to set that up?  I'm so confused about what is happening. I want my old number back but I've had so many issues with Virgin messing things up with my account over the last couple of days that I'm truly nervous of rocking the boat.

What's my best course of action??

Thanks for any advice!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reason you have a working SIM is that it has to be live for the old number to transfer. Sounds like things are going through some time tomorrow. You might be without for a short time as that happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reason you have a working SIM is that it has to be live for the old number to transfer. Sounds like things are going through some time tomorrow. You might be without for a short time as that happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VelvetGlove
On our wavelength

Aha! Thank you for that insight, Enlli, that's very reassuring.

Good. I'm happy to wait a day or two and lose service for a bit just so long as it goes through ok... I'll  be back if it doesn't.. hee hee! 😅

Thanks again.