cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch and e-sim

austhorpe61
Joining in

Hi

I joined VM last week with an iPhone and data package. I have a birthday coming up and looking to get an Apple Watch. I want one on cellular so I can leave the phone at home if I go out for a run

While researching this it seems you need an esim to link the phone to the watch to use the phones data allowance. It also appears that in the UK from answers on here and elsewhere that only O2, EE and Vodaphone do the esim

So I phoned support today fully expecting to have to cancel my account (I’m within 14 days) but they said “so do you want an esim”. I said yes if you do them. They have sent me an esim link so it would appear that if I get the watch I should be able to pair it and use the phones data without having to take the phone with me

Really helpful person in support by the way

However me being a cynical sort of person is now thinking well what if it doesn’t work. By the time I get the phone I’ll be out of my 14 days cooling off period

So my question is. Has anyone else got an esim off Virgin and managed to successfully pair an Apple Watch. If so I can breath a sigh of relief. If not I’m going to have to try and buy the watch early and find out in time to cancel if it doesn’t 

Many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Although Virgin Mobile now do eSIM, it's currently for handset devices only at the moment.

They don't yet support companion devices like the Apple Watch.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the quick reply 

thought as much. Had an uneasy feeling