Menu
kiffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another Parked Order

I placed 2 orders on Thursday 1st August a few hours apart, both orders were parked and I was told I would receive a phone call after 24/48 hrs which is all fine.

On the Monday 5th August I received a call from the “back office” team to check some additional details with me, again this is all fine but only one of my orders was released. Every time I now ring to get an update on the second order I keep being told someone will ring me but it will take 24hrs.

How many days to I actually have to wait before I can get my second phone/order released.

0 Kudos
nessie287
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Parked Order

Hi, may I ask what the additional info was they were after? I am having the same problem, parked order and I have been with Virgin for years without problems. I am just wondering what other checks need to be done.

Thanks

0 Kudos
kiffy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s just some questions around information on your credit file - just to verify it’s you making the order.

It’s all fine, just the process is incredibly slow and you can’t do anything to make it any quicker - and even more frustrating when you order over a weekend as it takes longer than 48hrs.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello kiffy, 

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm sorry for the time it has taken our back office team to contact you about the additional checks and I'm confident they will be back in touch very soon so the second order can be released.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Dean C

0 Kudos
kiffy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dean

Thanks for the reply, they have been in touch now.

It’s just frustrating that if you are told they will be in touch in 24/48hrs and they aren’t you start to wonder what is happening!

In my case I waited for nearly 6 days before I was contacted and my order released. It was also annoying that I every time I rang to find out what was happening I just got told to wait another 24hrs!

I’m guessing part of my delay was due to the fact I ordered close to the weekend so had to wait an “additional 48hrs”? If the expectations are set properly (e.g. 2 workings days instead of 48hrs) in the first place it elevates a lot of the frustrations/issues.

Thankfully I’m all sorted now.

Thanks
Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kiffy, 

It's good to know you have since been contacted again and we appreciate your feedback about making these time frames clearer for our customers. 

I've asked that it be changed to working days so that our customers know that won't be updated over the weekend when waiting for a response. 

Kind regards,

Dean C