Menu
MHans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another Order Parked Customer..

I ordered an iphoneX and iPad bundle to take advantage of the 10x data offer on Friday afternoon.

i got the welcome email and then a few minutes latera email to say you needed further information, following the link it said your team would look at it within 24 hours and not worry you would contact me.

it is now Tuesday and I haven’t had any further contact from you by email text or phone. The account info says the order is parked, you had some problems processing my order and somone will contact me to discuss it.

Frustrated by your non-existent customer service I went ahead and ordered a family members phone from EE instead - by contrast to Virgin who haven’t bothered to respond since Friday EE deawith the whole order in 20 minutes on a Sunday afternoon, and delivered the phone on Monday within 24 hours and gave me a follow up courtesy call to check I was happy with everything,

Since EE were happy to supply a contract Samsung S10+ 512mb, and offered me a second line on their family plan for a IPhone XS Max if Virgin failed to fulfil the order, there was clearly no issue with my credit profile which EE said was fine to have two high tier phones with.

my Order seems to be stuck n limbo with no way to either progress or cancel it so I cannot get my phone from you or take EE’s offer until it’s resolved,

I Think no response for 5 days is a shockingly bad customer experience from Virgin.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Another Order Parked Customer..

I've been on this forum for a few years now and I hear this so often. Promise to call in 24 hours and then nothing, with the customer constantly pushing customer services who seem disinterested.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MHans
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well my only advice to those customers is to simply take their business elsewhere and don’t chase them. It is annoying to have a credit search done on your file for no benefit, but the more customers who refuse to accept bad service and take their business elsewhere the more Virgin will need to wake up to the fact you simply can’t operate a service-focused business in a competitive sector with such a poor attitude. They clearly need to invest in better IT and order management - most of the help links return errors and their status message is clear as mud, this is a failure of management to actually look at where their customers are having problems and deal with them - which suggests they don’t care at all and seem content to bleed business to the competition rather than fix things.

They really can’t hide behind this fraud/credit rating nonsense - EE supplied a higher priced phone in under 24 hours and managed the fraud checks in minutes.

I don’t blame the frontline staff but they really need to start escalating these problems to their boss because once you lose a customer to a bad impression they rarely come back or recommend them to others and this is purely a failure in process management.

If they don’t want my business then I’m not going to lose sleep over it - EE shareholders will be delighted to take the extra profits their better customer service gives them, i’m just annoyed at having my time wasted dealing with a trivial utility like a phone that any other operator can deal with on a Sunday afternoon without delays or chasing them over lack of status updates.

I don’t want to proceed with EE’s iPhone XS Max offer and then have Virgin suddenly send out the original order and then have to mess about cancelling things so would simply likely them to do me the courtesy of what they said they would on Friday and resolve it.

I’ve worked as a engineer in the mobile industry 20 years including for the major networks and I think this is the worst new customer experience i’ve seen - and judging by other posts / trustpilot reviews it’s a systemic process issue not a isolated incident.

I’ve been on a Richard Branson lecture for entrepreneurs and his question stands for his own businesses /brand licensees - why should I give you my business and not give it to your competitor?
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MHans

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that there has been an issue processing the order and that we have not been in touch with you as advised. 

We are sorry that you are disappointed by the level of customer service received and appreciate that isn't a positive first impression. 

We'd like to take a look at the order and check for a reason for the delay.

We'll send you a private message in order to get some details.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
MHans
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thanks for your quick response

i’ve tried sending you a private message but it is giving me an error saying I’ve reached the limit on private messages I can send - I haven’t sent any messages at all yet

actually never mind - it has sent now - it seems to cause an error if you copy and paste order details from your web page - I put it in plain text and it sent okay thank you.

0 Kudos