cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon OTP issues

Student09
Tuning in

Hello, I am not receiving any OTP text messages or phone calls from Amazon. The Amazon helpline is able to call me but whenever a OTP text is sent or via a phone call, I do not receive this. Please advise.

38 REPLIES 38

Still no change here, still no OTP, still no Amazon 😫

There will not be any change, ever. 

VM are not interested in this, 15 months later, they are still 'looking into it' so what hope is there, they still don't even know why, leave alone how to fix it.

More and more businesses are now using OTP/2FA, and as such, VM are becoming a 'liability' as a 'service provider' with their inability to provide the basic services that all other operators can.  I have no trouble with OTP/2FA from 'EE', or '3'. My son uses O2, and no problem there. Work colleague  has Voda, no problem, so why do VM??

This time next year, the problem will still be 'being looked into' and staff here will still be 'cutting and pasting' the same old, same old, same old replies...  

AND THAT'S A FACT!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HughJarsse It is obvious you didn't follow this customers advice🤣

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/OTP-problems/td-p/4841222

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Enlli,  have answered Marge666.

Have spent too much time 'phoning VM' who STILL haven't managed to fix this, (yes, had a 'new' sim) also reset phone and had all new settings, tried sim in another phone, no joy! also, tried '3' sim in my phone, and no problems with OTP/2fa, so it's not the phone, but VM's network.

Marge666 would do well to read the WHOLE thread, and get the WHOLE pocture before deciding who is right or wrong!  😝

Hello, 

if my Amazon OTP issue is not fixed within 1 week I will move all our accounts to another provider. I expect a phone call to do some troubleshooting

Thank you

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cristiano73

Our team are hard at working looking to have this resolved as soon as possible, i'm going to private message you to confirm some details. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Has this been fixed as I've just tried again and got an OTP through?

Switched to an authenticator app now.

I think it has as I too am now receiving Amazon OTP’s and all other OTP’s I request.

Hi Cubemaster and Spoony36,

Thank you both for the update, I'm pleased to hear you've now been receiving OTPs.

Just let us know if you run into any further issues or need anything else.

Have a great weekend,

Beth

Beth