cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon OTP issues

Student09
Tuning in

Hello, I am not receiving any OTP text messages or phone calls from Amazon. The Amazon helpline is able to call me but whenever a OTP text is sent or via a phone call, I do not receive this. Please advise.

38 REPLIES 38

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry you feel this way, HughJarsse, our team is working on this regardless if you feel we are not and if it is copy and paste, I have asked our team if there is an update and they are still looking into it. There is nothing we on the forums can do as it is up to our team to resolve.

Zoie

My wife and I both have virgin mobiles and we both have the same problem that we can’t receive Amazon OTP sms messages. Have spoken to Amazon who confirm the texts were sent and were sent to the correct numbers .

this has been going on for a few days. We have been with Virgin for years but are now getting our PAC codes to move to another provider. Doesn’t seem to be any other solution. 

Virgin needs to realise that blocking 2nd factor authorisation messages makes a mobile service unusable these days so it’s really no good to say “we are working on it” . I’m not going to wait for a resolution, already ordered new sims from another provider.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid if you are out of contact then a move to another provider may be the best option.

If not and you have a dual SIM phone then use the like of PAYG from ASDA to receive messages for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Zoie,

Any update on the Amazon OTP blocking problem? I have not been able to receive Amazon OTP texts or calls today. Same problem also occurs with PayPal. 

Please advise,

Ruben

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ruben3,

This is still being investigated, we have no update as of yet.

We are sorry to the delay with this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

'This is still being investigated, we have no update as of yet.'

After 15 months of 'investigating' and not getting anywhere, are those doing the investigating 'Inspector Clouseau' , or 'Frank Drebbin' by any chance.

Maybe getting some 'professional' investigators in, instead of  the 'rank amateur's' currently doing it might just help!! 

This has to be a virgin issue as I’m having the same issue BUT it seems if you click the resend code option then the code does come through.

im baffled by it but at least it’s a workaround 

The resend text does not work for me either. 

Resend text doesn’t work for us either.

As mentioned in my original post I have ordered sims from a new provider. They are due to arrive today so I should be switched over in a couple of days. Will see what happens when we are all set up and will let you all know if the OTP Amazon texts start coming through once everything is switched over. 

Just a quick update. While we were waiting for our new sims I also updated both our phones from iPhone se (2016 version) to iPhone 12 mini (they were getting quite old so an update seemed appropriate). I have just moved the old virgin sims into these phones to test  them before  installing new sims and the Amazon OTP started working again on my new phones (with the old Virgin sims). 

seems very strange but it’s working ok now! First thing I did when I got back into Amazon was to add Google Authenticator as a backup method in case the OTP problem comes back.

was it the new phones or did Virgin fix the problem at the same time as I was changing phones? Who knows!