cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon OTP issues

Student09
Tuning in

Hello, I am not receiving any OTP text messages or phone calls from Amazon. The Amazon helpline is able to call me but whenever a OTP text is sent or via a phone call, I do not receive this. Please advise.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi @pedromccrag thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you've not been able to receive your text messages from Amazon.  As you've rightly surmised, this issue is not just impacting you.  We're aware of this and have raised this as an issue with our I.T. team.  When there is a resolution, it will resolve the issue for all customers impacted.   

Regards

Lee_R

@Student09  Please see my previous response to pedromccrag

Regards

Lee_R

Had the same issue for 5 days with Amazon, followed all the advice and nothing works. Amazon haven't changed anything it's a Virgin well known problem. The solution seems to be move to another phone provider .... Come on Virgin we're paying for a service we're not getting

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ZZ90

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

As previously advised on this thread, this is an issue we're aware of and it's been escalated to the IT team. 

We'll post any updates we have on this here. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi all, just to say I switched from a Samsung S21 to a iPhone xr and still had the same problem. So it's not a phone issue but a network one. Hopefully the IT team sort this out quickly as OTPs are essential now with all the hacking going on. 

Sofia

and anyone else from the forum team..  can you tell us who is actually dealing with this in the IT team, and what the timeline is for fixing this.  I actually dont mind if its a few weeks or a month or so - but if its months / years, or never,  you need to tell us as we need to make other arrangements.  

OTP is a fundamental system for protecting online security and if you're unable to get this situation fixed, we need to go elsewhere.  Honesty and transparency goes a long way in customer service...

thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, I appreciate this is frustrating. 

We don't have a specific time frame for you unfortunately.

As you can imagine, this is a complicated issue and the IT team are working hard to provide a resolution ASAP. 

Apologies I don't have more information for you. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia I'm sorry but this is nonsense. In a separate thread on your own site 30 July 2020 people were told Virgin was working on this and in all this time you still don't know what the actual problem is. Maybe O2, Vodafone can provide you with technical assistance

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages-Santander/td-p...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pedromccrag, 

Thank you for your reply, I know this must be frustrating. Our team is working to get this resolved. 

I have asked if there are any updates and there are no updates just that the team is working hard to get it fixed.

Zoie

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'I have asked if there are any updates and there are no updates just that the team is working hard to get it fixed.'

This is total, complete and utter RUBBISH and VM know it.

NOBODY is 'working hard to get this fixed' and VM refuse to admit that they are not interested in fixing it.

15 months after original 'official' post stating the very same 'rubbish' about 'working hard to fix it', we have

NOTHING except the repetitive 'cut and paste' excuses.

LIES, and more LIES......  

How on earth VM can say these things when they are clearly NOT doing anything. 

Staff on here just regurgitate the same old 'cut and paste' and move on, (after all, they still get their wages each month, whether things get fixed or not!) 

More and more 'customers' are being affected due to the increasing number of businesses requesting users to have OTP or 2FA for any sort of important business, yet VM just ignore these paying customers, and pretend they are 'working hard' and their 'IT dept' (JOKE if ever there was one!) is trying to solve the problem.

Might help if VM actually got someone who knows what they are doing to work in their 'IT dept' rather than 'nobody' (because there doesn't seem to be anyone there at this moment in time, that's for sure!!)