cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advised to wait until service is suspended to set up promise to pay???

samlamdenpaypal
Joining in

So as the title says really,

I called called and asked for an extension on my bill, to set up a "promise to pay" for a couple of weeks time.

They approved it and told me I needed to reinstate my direct debit. No problem 

However. 3 advisors later and 2 departments, they tell me "uh, so we can't actually set up a promise to pay until your services are suspended first."

..  really? So I need to inconveniently lose my services in any what could be potentially important moment before I can set up a new payment date and have them reinstated...?

Does this sound like nonsense to anyone else? Or is this legit?

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi samlamdenpaypal,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry for the experience you've had and for the misinformation given over the phone, I'd just like to clarify that what you've been advised is incorrect.

If you speak with our Collections Team on 0345 142 4444, we can help to process a payment extension, provided you've not had one within the last 6 months. We can do this before your services are suspended. Just to confirm, a promise-to-pay is not the same as a payment extension. Sadly, it's not something we can arrange from here.

I'd advise calling 1 or 2 days before your services are due to be suspended, then we can apply the extension for 7 days time (from the day of the call).

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any other questions.

Beth