Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Aborted message possible fault!

Hello  Emily,

see two screenshots of the error message I am getting which from both red SIM card since May 2017 & than purple last September when I upgraded the data allowance which I had difficulty getting Intouch to various virgin number since July 2017 3 months after I migrated from 3.co.uk after I last migrated from t-mobile to 3.co.uk & than virgin. I have ALWAYS send sms text to many of the fixed landline phone number as they were all correctly imputed as I kept on trying to send it to fixed landline number 5 or even 10 times & I tried followed instruction on the help page of using special symbol before the number as instructed on web site to no avail as the signal strength were very strong. I would like you report the matter to the chief officer in charge that this is an offence to disabled a feature since migration from EE virgin because it’s quite unfair for thousands of deaf mobile thinking it’s working after they migrated from another mobile provider is the evidence that there is a system fault as you see from the screenshot said in red not delivered as I was suspected that I was FORCED TO REPLACED MY IPHONE IN JANUARY BECAUSE OF SMS TEXTING PROBLEM TO FIXED LANDLINE PHONE WHICH MY NEW IPHONE. The same problem is still there from January to now which cost me a lot of money getting a new one. There was no mention of whether is this is 100% sms to mobile to fixed landline phone compatible. I tried text relay as it’s not compatible to sending sms text to fixed landline phone as text relay only for textphone or ngt lite as I do not use them for this type of issue like this. I would appreciate that you please make a fully investigation into the matter urgently please?

andrew mark webster

0F157CE9-4B46-4C4D-9C81-3A06DC225423.jpegSent to virgin numberD705915E-9373-4A62-9E6B-E764ED6EB769.jpegIt’s SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN ‘FAILED AT ALL ITS DOWNRIGHT WRONG WITH YOUR SYSTEM’

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at the Virgin Phone guide here: https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf  pages 26 to 33 appear to be the most relevant.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks as I had tried these virgin phone guide as I have already tried all sort earlier this year before I was forcibly to replace my current apple iPhone 6 Plus do I DO think it’s a hardware FAULTS for the reason I not getting my sms text to be sent off successfully due I had complained loads of times for 3 years. There is still some faults on their system which it’s SHOULD have been put righted in the first place after I last reported the fault since July 2017 as they hadn’t done anything that I am very angry about it now. Could any deaf mobile users take action to get them to support texting to both mobile & fixed landline phone as quickly as possible please?

andrew.

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

i think it’s very unfair unfair for both old & mew customers whether they are deaf mobile users as it’s should have left it within other network with EE with your company because they have the system in place for many disabled customers like deaf & speech impaired which sending sms text to both mobile to fixed landline phone for years. I never came across this information you gave above which I think migrating from EE to own network it’s unfair & think it’s should never have done it in the first place because it’s against ofcom rules and it’s must be taken into account that virgin should have Jesé service really available to be fair for deaf mobile users because it is very useful for them to send sms text to both mobile and fixed landline phone in within all network system in place. I think it should’ve have been stopped supporting deaf mobile as this must be put right ASAP or I will contact yjr government concerned?

I find this is discriminating the disabled!

andrew.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrewweb,

Thank you for contacting us over the community forums regarding this matter.

I can confirm that we no longer support the service which allows customers to text a fixed landline number from a Virgin Mobile SIM card; I appreciate that this has caused a great deal of frustration and would like to apologise for that.

Although we no longer support this service, we do offer a range of different contact methods for deaf customers. This includes a text relay service and video relay service, more details of which can be found here: https://www.virginmedia.com/accessibility/virgin-mobile

We also offer a standard text messaging contact method, more details of which can be found on our ‘contact us’ page here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/

We also offer a wide variety of bill medium to help customers who may need this, including braille, large print and audio bills. All of this is in line with Ofcom regulations.

In regards to your individual circumstances, I can see that you have already engaged with the relevant team and will be unable to provide any further comment.

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos