cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings

WG1316
Tuning in

I have been looking up APN settings online, including this one: Virgin 4G LTE APN Settings 2022 - 4G APN Settings 

My settings include many fields that are "Not set".

I have been experiencing 'Refreshing SIN data' messages and wonder whether it has something to do with WiFi Calling, and whether the LTE that appears when wifi calling is active (or after it has dropped and reappears eventually as an option to switch on) is responsible for my phone dropping the wifi connection. 

Can someone tell me what the APN settings should be.

As a second line of thought, I asked for a PAC code in mid-january and received one, however I did not use it. It is around that time that the 'Refreshing SIN data' message started appearing and wifi calling started dropping out on my hub at my place of residence.

Lastly, anyone know whether Virgin's wifi calling feature has been updated during January this year?

16 REPLIES 16

On the APN setting screen (where it shows Add and 3 vertical dots), it gives Virgin Media Mobile Network as the only option however the circular 'radio button' is not selected.

When I had apparently successfully stalled the config settings, there were 3 options visible there, including WEB, which was showing as selected.

I tapped ADD to view the settings field, which were not set (as described in the above message), and when I returned (back arrow) that's when I saw that only one unselected option was available.

This describes what was happening previously, and the reason for me wanting the configuration settings. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well I would say it is either the SIM card or the phone.

May be worth getting a replacement SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @WG1316, thanks for your post and confirmation.

I'm going to pop you a PM, just so I can ask you some security questions to be able to check our systems a little better.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @WG1316, thanks for confirming the details I've requested over PM.

Bringing this back publicly now, can you please confirm exactly when you felt this started?

Additionally, can you please confirm what make and model of handset you have?

Many thanks

Tom_W

My phone is a Samsung A20e and is just over 2 years old.

It's difficult for me to pinpoint what happened when.

Sometime fairly early in January this year I started seeing the Refreshing SIM Data message. WheI see that message, if WiFi Clingnis on, the phone drops WiFi calling.

WiFi calling has always been switched on. It is only since the sim data messages started that I noticed WiFi calling was dropping. I decided to increase the monthly plan after this started. That has been in place since Feb 4th.

Virgin replaced my SIM Card after my plan changed, at my request, because other people in a Refreshing SIM Data thread on this community had been offered new SIMs.

It was after I inserted the new SIM that through googling I started checkinthe APN.

In all of this, I got NOWTV to replace my hub 2. That has made no difference.

When I am out and about, I cannot say I have seen the sim data message. A local cafe has free WiFi for customers and I have consumed quite a bit of coffee while sittinin there, using the phone as I normally do.

The underlying niggle is the NOWTV hub. I live in a small flat. Without WiFi calling, the ponesignal strength indicator show one bar, or sometimes a circle with a diagonal line across it (like a speed limit sign) - obviously no phone signal. 

When WiFi calling reappears (as it usually, but not always, does), the phone signal strength is rarely above the first bar, ie same as not having WiFi calling on.

The WiFi for surfing on my phone does not drop. 

I do not expect you to comment on the NOWTV hub or service.

Virgin do not provide broadband in this area, and in any case I would not want a TV package from any provider.

I am suspecting the hub might be involved, yet at the same time I cannot imagine the hub WiFi strength affecting my phone APN settings.

Sorry about the essay. 

I forgot to mention that I have installed the configuration settings and then immediately restarted the phone. This results in seeing the message: Bixby service has stopped working. 

Thank you to those people who tried to help with the issues I am experiencing.

I spoke with a Virgin agent this morning regarding leaving Virgin. He asked about the issue and I explained. When I told him that the issues started in January this year, he told me that was when Virgin started using Vodaphone. It maybe that is the problem. He kindly had me trying to connect to the Virgin network manually, however that did not work (I did try telling him that all his suggestions had been tried a number of times over the past (almost) 2 months.

Thanks again to those who offered advice.