cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings

WG1316
Tuning in

I have been looking up APN settings online, including this one: Virgin 4G LTE APN Settings 2022 - 4G APN Settings 

My settings include many fields that are "Not set".

I have been experiencing 'Refreshing SIN data' messages and wonder whether it has something to do with WiFi Calling, and whether the LTE that appears when wifi calling is active (or after it has dropped and reappears eventually as an option to switch on) is responsible for my phone dropping the wifi connection. 

Can someone tell me what the APN settings should be.

As a second line of thought, I asked for a PAC code in mid-january and received one, however I did not use it. It is around that time that the 'Refreshing SIN data' message started appearing and wifi calling started dropping out on my hub at my place of residence.

Lastly, anyone know whether Virgin's wifi calling feature has been updated during January this year?

16 REPLIES 16

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These settings work for most Android.  I'm sure iOS is similar 

Internet & MMS APN.
Name: WEB
APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
MMSC: http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.30.166.2
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 38
Authentication type: CHAP
APN type: *
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Leave all other options blank/Not set

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you.

I have worked out that my phone is not saving the settings. 

Hi @WG1316, thanks for your post here in the community.

Now you have worked out that your phone isn't saving the settings, can you please confirm if you require further assistance regarding this matter

If you didn't action the PAC Code, then this does just become invalid and shouldn't really impact anything regarding your device or wifi calling.

We also haven't updated our wifi calling features recently, but please let us know if you require any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

If you know it, can you provide me with the number I can use to text to, in order to receive the configuration settings text (in return)?

I have also received a 'Bixby service has stopped' message when I restart my pho e after trying to save the APN settings. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Configuration settings 

text ALL to 789922 to update the mobile internet settings on your phone. Just wait for the configuration message that you will receive then open it from the notification tab and follow the on screen prompt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @WG1316, thanks for your post.

It looks like @enlli has beaten me to it - much appreciated!

Please let us know if you need further support.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you. Will give it a try.

No problem @WG1316, please keep us updated with how you get on!

Many thanks

Tom_W

I received 2 sms configuration messages. Clicked and installed one after the other. Saw conformation messages that they had been installed.

Checked APN settings - almost all fields show ' not set'.

MCC And MNC fields show numerals.

Bearer - Unspecified

Mobile virtual operater type GID

Mobile virtual operater value shows 28 followed by a number of zeros.