cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A real newb question but I am not a mobile phone fan!

Omen_Data_Syste
On our wavelength

Having only ever been a pay as you go customer on the Virgin 8p tariff for the last 20 years i have never done pay monthly and as they are killing all pay as you go tariffs in order to keep my 20 year old number I have to transfer to pay monthly now so how does it go?

Can I top up the first month with £10 and just leave it as the phones i am using are just emergency phones - dont laugh but over the 20 years having the 8p tariff i think i only ever topped it up 3 times so the £30 lasted 20 years - They dont call us stingy in Scotland for nothing it is true lol

Question i am asking is if i top up the £10 does it get reset at the beginning of each month to £0 even if there is a balance left say a fiver ie Do I have to top up £10 each month to keep the tariff and my number alive so to speak?

Or can i leave the £10 on the phone for a few years ...or decades...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nothing that Virgin  presently offer is suitable for that sort of use.  Asda mobile still do traditional PAYG at 4p per call and text. (There are still one or two others that do similar) 

You need to get a PAC code from Virgin which will allow you to move your number to another supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nothing that Virgin  presently offer is suitable for that sort of use.  Asda mobile still do traditional PAYG at 4p per call and text. (There are still one or two others that do similar) 

You need to get a PAC code from Virgin which will allow you to move your number to another supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Omen_Data_Syste thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Enlli has advised you correctly and there's nothing our team can add to this.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R