cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

911 Fee on prepaid service

sarina
Joining in

Alright, so I've used various prepaid phone services before. They're basically all the same in Canada, because "there's no monopoly", and have plans at rates like 20, 25, 40, etc. Logically, the prepaid top up cards you purchase are for amounts like 25, 15, whatever, so 1 (or maybe 2) cards will exactly equal the cost of your plan. I usually get 40$ plans, and use a 15$ + 25$ card, and thats that.

I recently set up a new 40$ number with virgin. It cost 40$, and worked with 40$. Weirdly, a 911 fee of $0.97 appeared on my account one day. So now, I need 40.97 to cover my services.

I've never seen this pointless **bleep** on a prepaid phone before. Fixed term plans? Sure. But every provider of prepaid I've ever used has recognized the usefulness of having your rates match your top up cards.

I just checked Lucky's rates, and they do not include a 911 fee disclaimer. Anyone know what gives? I haven't used virgin in a bit, but I don't remember this being a thing last time I did.

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

your rant may well have substance but this is Virgin UK - not a lot to do with Canada

Tony.
Sacked VIP

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry this is the forum for Virgin Media UK, so we can't help.

It has no relation the Virgin Media Canada, which is a totally different company

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/home/index.html

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @zarina thanks for posting.

I am sorry, as the fellow community members have advised, we're based in the UK and would not be able to offer advice regarding how things work in Canada.  You may wish to check here for ways to contact the relevant team.

Regards

Lee_R