cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vinsi
Joining in

Hi I have Virgin PAYG. I am trying to top up using a voucher. I usually do this through 789, but this number is not working. I also tried to get my balance by texting balance to 789789. Came back with a text saying I had no minutes. What’s that all about

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK. Just making sure the account was still active and not closed under the 90 day no use rule.

Hopefully the team can sort this out.

I guess too you are aware that PAYG is being closed down between October and next Jan. Texts are going out with the exact closure date for each customer 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long is it since you made a call or sent a text 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Made a call a couple of days ago and last text was 3rd August

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK. Just making sure the account was still active and not closed under the 90 day no use rule.

Hopefully the team can sort this out.

I guess too you are aware that PAYG is being closed down between October and next Jan. Texts are going out with the exact closure date for each customer 

I wasn’t aware that PAYG was going until I googled about 789 not working. I have been with Virgin for more years than I can remember.

I was sent a text to say my PAYG closure date will be 17th October

Just in the process of preparing to transfer my account elsewhere

I have not received any notification from Virgin regarding this. My problem is, myself and my husband (also Virgin customer) have £40 in top up vouchers. 789 is unavailable so not quite sure what to do

Hi

Have a look at this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing hopefully it will help.

I am leaving, hopefully to Asda who also do a PAYG.

I have requested a SIM from Asda and a PAC from VM

I spoke to someone on 789 today who said I couldn't have my credit back, even though the web page I sent you says I can.

I have another thread about this which I created earlier and someone is looking into it for me.

Regards

Thanks for your help. I just don’t know why I can’t get through on 789. 

Hi @vinsi

Just to let you know it appears I "jumped the gun" requesting the PAC code. That is why they said I couldn't have my remaining credit back as the phasing out of the Pay As You Go service is from October 2021 to January 2022. 

I was trying to be proactive and request the PAC now so it made it look like I just want to leave (not due to the phasing out)

Not sure what happens with Top Up Vouchers though sorry.