cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g upgrade schedule by area?

Moz
On our wavelength

Does one exist? I upgraded to the oomph package some time ago and changed to a Virgin 5g sim from another provider but I haven't got 5g yet and it would be nice to know if/when I will.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Mobile use Vodafone's 5G network, so the answer is entirely dependent on when VF roll 5G out in your location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Moz thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Have you been able to establish if our carrier do 5G in your community?  If not would you like us to look into this for you?

Regards

Lee_R

Moz
On our wavelength

According to Vodaphone my area has full 5G coverage indoors and out so it has already been rolled out.

Screenshot_2.png

If it's just down to someone pulling a switch somewhere I go back to my original question is there a schedule somewhere? Even if it were just "down" to Vodaphone I can't imagine Virgin have zero clue when their new network carrier is going to do the upgrades.

Moz
On our wavelength

Hi Lee

Sorry didn't see your post as above according to Vodaphone my area has full coverage.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Moz wrote:

According to Vodaphone my area has full 5G coverage indoors and out so it has already been rolled out.

Screenshot_2.png

If it's just down to someone pulling a switch somewhere I go back to my original question is there a schedule somewhere? Even if it were just "down" to Vodaphone I can't imagine Virgin have zero clue when their new network carrier is going to do the upgrades.

Virgin will not have any information when 5G is available other than the coverage map that we can all see.

Vodafone will only ever commit to 3 months ahead regarding coverage. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks