cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g on Nokia x

adzoffline45
Tuning in

Any body got virgin 5g on any Nokia let alone the x20?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

As I say it does seem that there isn't any issues regarding 5G within the area.

Have you been able to contact Nokia, if so what has been advised?

Thanks again,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Came up a couple of weeks ago. 

Sadly you are only the 2nd to mention it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @adzoffline45,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you have no 5G at the moment.

Was it working before? Is it only at home that this happens?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley thank you. It's ok you are sending me a new sim , As I've had mine for a while although it is 5g enabled

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @adzoffline45,

Thanks for the update on this 🙂 I am glad that you have a new SIM on the way, let us know if you have any problems.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley. Popped new sim in, although I'm only in a 5g area whilst I am at work , i just don't understand this handset not having a 5g option in general. It has a battery saving mode to switch from 5g to 4g when battery is in saving mode so that's something

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally I would speak to Nokia and try to find out if this phone is configured for Virgin 5G. 

I may of mentioned we went through this with Motorola handsets and it appears the case with them

I would also suggest borrowing a SIM from another network and seeing if the 5G option appears. If it does and you have had a SIM swap then it would appear the phone is not compatible 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I got the new SIM , and after 24 hours 5g started working perfectly for about a week, and then it stopped , and I can't get no info from Nokia or yourself

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response adzoffline45,

Welcome back to the community! 

Sorry for the issues still occurring, from checking our service I can't see any issues within the area for 5G currently.

Are your network settings set to automatic? 

Thanks,

Kain

hi, yes in automatic as per what is was when I got sim and 5g was working