Menu
coralking
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5GB of Extra data this Sunday

In among all the annoyance of the totally inadequate compensation over the lack of service etc, have Virgin actually said what the problem was and better still, are they going to prevent it happening again in the future
alexpresland
Dialled in
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Not a word...

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

In vm's non-transparent world, I doubt if they'll give more information as to what happened. 

0 Kudos
stjamesinfirmar
Tuning in
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

In addition, has anyone really benefitted from the 5gb? I had 1.85gb remaining on Saturday. 6.85gb on Sunday after the 'bonus".  Download a 1.5gb video on Sunday. Monday I have .35gb left. So that 1.5 gb has come out of my paid-for data not the "bonus". What a **bleep** up. Thanks for nothing Virgin. I was already looking at BT due to Virgin's texting failures. Time to move on...

stjamesinfirmar
Tuning in
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Very true. Virgin have proved themselves to be insincere. Their email was ambiguous; it did not state the 5gb could only be used on one day. This can only be a purposeful omission. Some bright (but dim) spark has suggested this ill thought out stunt as a way to get Virgin some positive publicity and tempt new customers. I hope it backfires and the full facts get reported. I'll let the Guardian know. In the meantime it will lose them customers, myself included.

0 Kudos
Cessquill
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

As I have never gone over my data limit (I'm mostly on Wi-fi, or in a patchy area), I thought the email from them was pointless in my case.  Then when I come on here and find out it was only for one day, it's a woeful offering.  Would have much rather just had an apology, and offer some genuine compensation to users who were unfortunately seriously affected.

This just felt like a backhanded marketing stunt dressed up as an apology. "Everybody loves data, let's give them data.  If we can get them used to more data they'll spend more money with us. It won't cost us a thing."

Thanks but no thanks.