Fibre optic
Message 11 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5GB of Extra data this Sunday

@gbhxu wrote:

Yes, it does take the p**s!

I'd have preferred the cash equivalent.

What, like 89p or something? 

Anyway, the good news is that rather than giving us all 5GB of data, Virgin has actually removed everyone's data allowance completely.  I'm just laughing myself into pieces here - what a complete joke Virgin Mobile is.  Who on earth is running this show?

Hilarious.

coralking
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I believe VM is at least part owned by Liberty Media, the same bunch of idiots now wrecking Formula 1. The only thing that keeps me with Virgin is the loss of email address if I leave, having had a Blueyonder address since the old Eurobell days. A lot of people would need to be informed of a change but once I’ve done this it’s goodby Virgin.

Taffy56
Joining in
Message 13 of 26
Flag for a moderator

5gb this Sunday only?!!

Who thought this pathetic idea up VM?

you've totally p*****d of your customers with this!!!!🥵

Highlighted
alexpresland
Dialled in
Message 14 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I too got the email and thought what a waste of time.

65GB per month. In 2 weeks I've used about 5GB.  In a busy month I'd use just over 15GB.  I wouldn't have to have so much data if Virgin (and other mobile network operators) didn't screw their customers over so badly when they go outside their allowance.

My £18/month plan costs me about 60p per day.  I'd rather have a 30p credit for it being off for the best part of 12 hours than be insulted with their "sorry, not sorry" worthless gesture. Smiley Mad

whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@coralking wrote:

I believe VM is at least part owned by Liberty Media, the same bunch of idiots now wrecking Formula 1. The only thing that keeps me with Virgin is the loss of email address if I leave, having had a Blueyonder address since the old Eurobell days. A lot of people would need to be informed of a change but once I’ve done this it’s goodby Virgin.

I don't see why you would lose your email if you left Virgin Mobile. 

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have a virgin.net email from the very early days. Still using it now and very fond of it, but it does tie you in. I believe you get 90 days once you  pack virgin in before they take your email. The ONLY reason I use my blueyonder address is to sign into virgin, because I have to. Blueyonder was a rubbish service that let so much spam through it was unusable. Get an outlook account and gradually start moving things across.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 26
Flag for a moderator

All emails are tied to broadband not mobiles 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 18 of 26
Flag for a moderator

The tpo brass at VM obviously thought this one through, didn't they?

'lets make a 'stupenous offering of 5gb of data, as a present for the outage recently' 

Yes, it looks VERY generous, but, as has been mentioned,....it's for ONE DAY ONLY, and, probably 995 of users don't get anywhere near using their existing allowance, leave alone 5gb in a day!!!

So VM have a 'win/win' situation, they are 'seen' to be very generous, where in reality, they are just extracting the urine, as they obviously KNOW that nobody will be able to make any use of their 'free' offer....But hey, it's certainly 'good publicity at our expense again' isn;t it ??

0 Kudos
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 19 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Have to agree with everyone else.  What good is 5gb of data that has to be used within 24 hours ON A SUNDAY, when most folks will be on their WiFi at home?  I have 3 sim only contracts with Virgin and I can confirm that this 5gb gift will go unused on all three Sims.  

You'd be as well just giving an unreserved apology and leaving it at that, rather than following it up with a slap round the lugs Smiley LOL

And further to that, the only way I found out about this was when catching up with my emails this morning.  You sent out an email with this update on Friday night at 1900 hours.  It should have been sent out by text message too so that everyone who has a SIM on my account was aware of this useless freebie. Smiley Frustrated

gbhxu
Joining in
Message 20 of 26
Flag for a moderator

For me that's £30

I'm on the £6 1GB data, 1000 minutes and unlimited texts.

0 Kudos