Menu
DavidRM001
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

5GB of Extra data this Sunday

How do I let Virgin Media know that giving me 5GB of Extra data to use this Sunday is an absolute waste of time as I have WiFi and will be at home on that day. Please keep it or give it to someone who can make use of it! 

Thanks, but no thanks!

Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5GB of Extra data this Sunday

No use to me either, no thanks virgin

GazCBG
Superfast
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I agree with you both.
We have 3 mobiles with Virgin Media (2x sim only and 1x phone and sim) contracts.

The 2x sim only are my parents and they don't use any data and I only use data when my go out to shops and when my internet goes down.

I just love it VM Forum staff are keeping well out of these posts at the moment.
I will be phone VM next month to cancel a sim only contract and will be cancelling the phone and sim when that contract finishes

stevenwb11
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Virgin Mobile!!!

Over the many years I have lived upon this earth, I have received many free gifts.

Your free gift has to be in the top two of the most useless gifts ever, beating hands down cereal box freebies and the cheapest Christmas Cracker charm.

I would have preferred a simple apology rather than a "gift" that is less useful than a grain of sand. 5gb on a Sunday for one day only!!! It's an insult.

So stick your 5gb where the sun don't shine and I'll reconsider my provider when my contract runs out. 

genmax85
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

5GB is nice gift but not for me, every month I have 65GB of data and I can use  usually up to 10Gb....

Screenshot_20190518-120040_Virgin Mobile.jpg

I'm very disappointed with Virgin network for last couple months. I have continously problem with calling somewhere. Sometimes I can't even dial, 
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I agree, it's a useless "gift", but this is Virgin Mobile, we ought to be glad they actually admitted there was a problem really.  I mean it's not like them is it?   Normally any problem is seen as something we're doing/we've done.

dotchas
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No good to me either! Not impressed, it would be a bit better if it didn't all have to be used in 24hrs.

fabphil
Settling in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

what a joke. I'm getting 5gb of data for the loss of my mobile services on thurs 16th may. In the past 2 weeks I have used 4mb of my allowance.. I used my landline to call mobile number during my loss of service, which costs me money. I DONT USE MY DATA... It really is a joke and they know it, 99% of people buy data that lasts them over the month. I've not been happy with the treatment loyal customers get from virgin and this might just be the straw that broke the camels back 

gbhxu
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it does take the p**s!

I'd have preferred the cash equivalent.

0 Kudos
incell
Joining in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I had to reread the email when I got it, just to check that I had understood it correctly. The email itself is somewhat ambiguous, and the limitation is only clear if you click on the link in the email. It does nothing more than tick the 'we have given them something they should be grateful' box.

It has helped me decide to cancel my mobie account as soon as the minimum contract period is finished. I was considering leaving their telephone, TV and broadband services anyway after 18 years.

0 Kudos