cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G

deflorence
On our wavelength

Where is Virgin at with 5G (network, sims & phones)?
Any of you have already switched to 5G?
If yes, why, and which phone are you using?
I'm based London, btw.
Merci!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sjp123
Problem sorter

VM don't provide the airwaves your connection utilise, it's Vodaphone. 

If you have a 5G phone and a 5G enabled contract you should be able to receive a 5G signal if there's one to be found.

If you're anywhere near my local South London Tescos you might be able to hear me squeal with excitement when I notice I've picked up 5G and run a speed test, top floor of the house, sometimes - ground floor, not seen 5G as yet so it can be very area/mast provision dependent. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

sjp123
Problem sorter

VM don't provide the airwaves your connection utilise, it's Vodaphone. 

If you have a 5G phone and a 5G enabled contract you should be able to receive a 5G signal if there's one to be found.

If you're anywhere near my local South London Tescos you might be able to hear me squeal with excitement when I notice I've picked up 5G and run a speed test, top floor of the house, sometimes - ground floor, not seen 5G as yet so it can be very area/mast provision dependent. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be honest I've had 5G in places for the past 2 years, in some areas speeds up to 480 MB/s. However, for 90% of the things I do on my handset one would be hard pushed to see a difference.

Gaming and using as a hotspot would be a different matter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @deflorence,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

We have 5G enabled phones for sale on our site, you can see them here, all the 5G enabled phones state that on the main page.  We currently do have active 5G networks available, this service is supplied by Vodafone as @sjp123 stated in their post.

Regards,

Steven_L