cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G with Oomph SIM

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

I am using the Oomph SIM with EE yet keeps regressing back to 4G, even thought it had connected to 5G. Is the Oomph SIM limited to 4G only?

How can we get 5G with an Oomph SIM?

Kind regards,

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Morrile thanks for your post here in the community.

Can you confirm if you live in a 5G based area, and you have a 5G handset - what is the make and model of your handset please?

Generally, 5G SIMs with Oomph are not something that we do and usually these are with our newer plans - I'd advise having a look here to see if there are any suitable plans for you, and you can give our team a call on +44753 301 6422 to discuss plans. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes I do as once I switched my 5G iPhone on it connected and displayed 5G, albeit only two bars yet we have the block covered in scaffolding due to an upgrade to the exterior.

Hi Morrie,

Thank you for the update, the work being carried out will effect your coverage and will improve once the covering and scaffolding has been removed.

Regards

Paul. 

So we technically we should get 5G on Oomph then?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morrile wrote:
So we technically we should get 5G on Oomph then?

As long as your SIM has been migrated to Vodafone from EE.

Most now have

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Morrile. Technically yes you can get 5G - providing the handset is 5G compatible, and there is 5G signal available in the area it is possible. 

You can check for 5G in your area here. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with! 

All the best. 

Molly

Many thanks yet got 5G whilst in Liverpool and still on EE, so it does work.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You won't still be on EE as all Virgin Mobile SIMs are now on VF, and 5G access wasn't part of the EE agreement either.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own