cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G speed

Skezza69
Joining in

I don’t suppose whe I get switched from Virgin to O2 the data speeds will increase. I was getting 880Mbps download on Smarty 5G, in the same place on Virgin 5G I get about 45Mbps

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Won't change. Virgin are using O2 now for signal and my experience is there is no difference between the two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Skezza69
Joining in

Guess I’ll just have to live with it being 20 times slower for now

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Skezza69,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your current mobile data speeds. Do you face this problem wherever you go, or only when within a certain area?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Skezza69
Joining in

Seems to be everywhere, where I live is supposed to be 4g but my phone shows 3g and the download speed is 6mbps. I tried getting the data settings for the iPhone, but after texting all to 789922, twice, I never got the settings sent to me

Thank you for confirming that information @Skezza69 

Do you see any issues in those postcode areas when you look at O2 service checker here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley