cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on Ultimate oomph for existing customer

DigitalDonkey
Up to speed

Does VM have any times scale for upgrading an Ultimate Oomph unlimited SIM to 5G for an existing customer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has been asked on a few occasionsand the answer is no. However everyone should move before the end of the year when the agreement with EE ends.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has been asked on a few occasionsand the answer is no. However everyone should move before the end of the year when the agreement with EE ends.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @DigitalDonkey,

Thanks for taking the time to post your query on our forums.

As @enlli stated we don't have a definite time for the services to be migrated to 5g, we will be in touch when we are ready to start the process.

Regards,

Steven_L

That was my question too. I got a 4G sim with my ultimate Oomph package back in February and I've seen that it never connects to 5G. So, for now this won't be upgraded automatically but it will be at a later date this year. Luckily I have a 5G plan too with EE.

i'm was already  an existing VM customer, with oomph package, but i signed a new contract in June, still Oomph but the Sim is still only 4g, is this correct?

Perhaps i'm mistaken but is it the case, that existing customer taking on new Oomph contracts remain on 4G, whilst new customers are given 5G as part of the OOmph package as standard.

Regards

Scotty2

Hi Scotty2,

Thanks for your post, the migration will take place for you once it is ready and available in your area, It does not matter if you are Oomph or not.

Cheers,

Corey C

Gaz82
On our wavelength

I've recently bought an iPhone 12 and phoned Virgin (789) tonight to ask about 5G. I was transferred to a helpful lady in the Oomph team who added 5G to my plan (after I confirmed it wouldn't change any other terms of my contract).

A few minutes later my phone lost signal and after a reboot I'm now connected to the Vodafone network. I also seem to be able to roam back onto the EE network (and the phone displays EE instead of Virgin). I assume this is probably just a temporary measure until everyone is moved over to Vodafone.

It might be worth a phone call if you're in the same position as me and have recently bought a 5G phone.