cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G SIM card

ChrisVM94_
Joining in

Hello,

I ordered a 5G SIM card at the back end of April for a new iPhone that I’ll eventually be getting. I am just wondering if this SIM card that was sent out to me will be any good or if I’ll have to send another 5G SIM card sent out? I am not sure if SIM cards that haven’t been activated by have an expiry date on them.

5 REPLIES 5

ChrisVM94_
Joining in

If I need to have another 5G SIM card sent out because the one that was sent out at the back end of April is no good I’d like someone from Virgin to get another one organised to be sent out. I’m just not sure if SIM cards, if they haven’t been activated, have an expiry date on them.

The 5G SIM card that was sent out was for the same number, I’m not swapping numbers at all. I’d just need a 5G SIM card for the type of iPhone that I’m getting. The iPhone I’m planning to get is the iPhone 13 and that phone has 5G compatibility.

Hi ChrisVM94_,

Thank you for your post. 

Was the SIM card that was sent out already active?

^Martin

No, I didn’t have it activated the SIM card that was sent out in April because I didn’t have the new iPhone that it was going to be put in. I found out that it was no longer able to be activated, which I never knew really. I didn’t know that SIM cards have to be activated in a certain amount of time but I obviously know now.

Because that SIM card that was sent in April was no longer good, another 5G SIM card for the same number organised on Wednesday. I’d just like to check that the SIM card that was organised is indeed for the same mobile number. 

Hello ChrisVM94_

I can happily check that for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L