cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Rollout

trevormc
Up to speed

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find rollout information for Virgin's 5G service?

Have they switch to O2 yet?

It will soon be 1 years since I got my Oppo Find X2 Pro which is 5G ready because I was led to believe that 5G was launching in Nottingham. I was very dissapointed when it launched only to find that it wasn't available to me. I was at London Victoria train station 3 weeks ago and the 5G coverage there was outstanding, It made me wonder when I will get it in my city.

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are moving their customers off EE and on to Vodafone. That process will take the rest of this year. When you are moved you will have access to 5G but there is no way of hurrying that process other than upgrading to a new 5G tariff.

There is no move on to O2 planned in the immediate future

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The only thing I can add to enlli is to check the Vodafone coverage web page

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

Put your postcode in and find the 5g coverage bit. Click check planned coverage and scroll down to the map and expand it.

You will see that the 3 month planned coverage will include quite a bit of the NG postcode area. I'm in the area and discovered this over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks guys,I thought Virgin were moving off EE and on to O2. Looking at the planned coverage map, it shows no coverage where I am but limited coverage on the streets that surround me,,very odd