cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G, Full bars but no internet - Samsung S21 ultra

dbagnall2002
Tuning in

I have upgraded my phone, new simcard, believe I am now on the vodafone connection

In my office I have full 5G but no internet, 5G does work outside of the office, very strange

11 REPLIES 11

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dbagnall2002,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your new phone and SIM card. I can understand how frustrating this can be. We'll do all we can to help resolve this for you. 🙂

Is it just in the office that your services are impacted?

Please check your Mobile Coverage on our website here: virg.in/coverage and let us know if there are any issues in the area of your office.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

The coverage is good, full service for 4G, this just doesnt give me any data, data outside of the office works ok.

I would prefer to be switched back to EE however

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no 5G on Virgin's deal with EE and everyone will be switched over shortly.

What would be interesting is if there is anybody else in your office on 5G with Vodafone direct.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Would like to add that my company phone (On Vodafone) shows full bars of 4G and download speed is 81mbs with upload of 39mbs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are a growing number of cases such as this now on Virgin Mobile.

Knowing how the present 5G NSA works and what I believe to be the problem I can say this is nothing that the usual fixes put by CS will ever work.

I believe it will require Virgin's top tech team working in conjunction with Vodafone to sort this. Not sure if that will happen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

What options do I have, already tried a replacement simcard

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dbagnall2002,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to this issue and for @enlli to assist further.

Please can you do a manual network search inside the building and reconnect to see if this helps with the data?

How far outside of the office do you need to travel to get the 5G connection?

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dbagnall2002 wrote:

What options do I have, already tried a replacement simcard

Basically 5G None Stand Alone needs connection to 4G to work. Each 5G installation is paired with a single 4G cell. If for some reason you don't have access to that particular cell then you will have 5G signal but no data. 4G will work as you almost certainly have access to more than one cell.

The question is why is this happening on Virgin?

I don't see a quick answer 

Did a manual search, doesnt give me the option to choose Vodafone, but choose EE, phone shows 4 bars of 4G but again no internet.

Set it back to automatic network selection and again full bars of 4G but no internet.