cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4x data plan when change

norfolkbroad
Joining in

Presently on 1500mins + 1GB with add-on of 4x data plan, which gives me 4GB per month. I want to bump up the data a bit and there seems to be an identical plan with 2GB instead of 1 (slightly cheaper) - which if it still gives me 4x data would be ideal. However, I'm not clear that the 4x remains if I change plan (it's a 1 month SIM only plan) and don't want to find myself on the wrong contract. There doesn't seem to be any way of speaking or live-chatting to a real person so would appreciate advice. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Offers like 4x data only apply while you are on your present plan and will be lost if you change.

Also you are on a 1 month plan which are no longer done. Any change and you would have to sign up for a minimum of 12 months

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for this! It's very weird, as when I log on and look at 'change my plan' etc. it does say on the page "We understand that your usage and circumstances change over time, so we’ve made it really easy for you to switch your plan up or down once a month. Just let us know what plan you’d like to switch to, and we’ll make the change when your new monthly billing cycle starts." And the "Tariff 4 x Data" box is checked as though that also still applies when you continue to the next screen! They don't like to make it clear, do they?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best contacting sales and seeing what they say. (Beware of the hard sell.)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. Any idea which route I take to call sales? I'd like to use Live Chat but can't find that option anywhere...

Thanks for all your help!

Hi norfolkbroad,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community,

You can contact mobile sales on 0800 052 0238.

Alex_Rm