cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

Mnxr99
Tuning in

I've recently switched to a virgin media sim and noticed that 4g+ isn't showing up and my data speed is really slow.

On my old network on the same phone i used to get 4g+ nearly everytime and had average network speed.

Can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
4g+ its rare to pop up depends on the area it nomaly use for VOL LTE for voice calls if your phone have LTE calling its HD call my moblie use it alot in my area it you a near a signal near by you get 4g+ more then being a bit fair from it i done a speed test on mine with 4g+ its 90mb download speed and 16mb upload speed i think thats nearly the top of 4g+ thats if ee or vodafone network at late this year they are moving to vodafone network use for 5 years then maybe use there o2 network after that

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

4G+ Does come up on Android when running on Vodafone (Which Virgin use for new accounts)

The options mentioned in the previous post do apply to EE, but that is no concern in this situation. (I have both Vodafone and EE on my phone.

Go into your settings and make sure LTE is selected

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning Mnxr99

Thanks for the post 

Have you been able to get this resolved now from the information provided 

Gareth_L

No i still haven't got 4g+

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mnxr99,

I am sorry to hear this. Have you been able to follow the advice kindly given by @enlli, and confimed that LTE is selected?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Yes I've checked that LTE is turned on and selected

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this Mnxr99. I'd like to send a replacement SIM card out to you, I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it just saying 4G? You may not be in a 4G+ area. I am at home, but not at my daughter's. 4G+ is network dependant.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No I'm in the same place where the 4g+ works for my other phone