Menu
Giffgaff2788
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4g signal

So I have just joined on a 12 month contract and I was using the sim fine for a couple of days and no issues however today I was trying to use the 4g and the signal was so bad that it kept dropping to 3g and it was slow. Mega slow. 

Of course I phone up customer service to find out why I'm having issues and I got ##### all of a response. Basically just told that a ticket was raised and then hung up on. 

Are you seriously telling me that as a customer I'm not given any help or advice on why I'm not getting any 4g signal. 

I was on ee before I moved to virgin and everything was fine. Never once did I have issues. So thanks to virgin I couldn't even access my banking app as the data was non existent but customer service is no help. 

I'm still within my 14 days cancellation period so can someone actually tell me do virgin actually help you resolve issues? I can't be with a network that doesn't actually help you with issues. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4g signal

for signal issues, check the ee service status to see if there's maintenance

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

mavericke2018
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@paulchambers061 wrote:

for signal issues, check the ee service status to see if there's maintenance

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

It is funny though as one of the employees acknowledged that VM is having teething problems at this moment. I myself had some not very pleasant experience with VM's signal - I can't multitask on my mobile phone. It happens when I make a direct call to someone and I can't surf the internet at the same time. I had to hang up the call before I can surf the internet or access an app on my mobile phone. This is most bizzare as I have not come across with other major mobile operators.

If OP is facing signal issues, it might be a good idea to refresh or to key in the APN Settings again (other than Apple iphones). If the OP is using an iphone, it might be a good idea to download VM's network setting again.

Just try and good luck!

Giffgaff2788
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. 

It seems to be working fine now. 

I was just appalled by the lack of help from the so called "customer service team" 

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you want any help AT ALL, I'm afraid the only solution seems to be switch to another network, or hope some random member of joe public has the answer here... VIRGIN don't give a brown smelly one

Don't be fooled, their purpose is NOT to provide phone service, but rather to collect early termination fees by frustrating people into leaving.

0 Kudos
mavericke2018
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, I do agree with you @BeardedBlunder, to a certain degree. I don't really think VM wants to collect early termination fees by frustrating people into leaving though. Think about it. If VM is losing customers, they will be getting less money in their pocket. I don't think they really want customers to leave. Perhaps it might be a good idea to pay a visit to a VM store instead. However, VM does not have many stores in the country. I am lucky to have two VM stores within 2 miles.
0 Kudos