Menu
Fiona155
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

4g cutting out

Hi, I joined virgin a couple of weeks ago, and ever since I’ve joined (and had my number ported from EE) my 4g cuts out during the day even though I have signal and the 4g symbol. To make it work I either have to turn on airplane mode/switch off mobile data and back on/ turn the phone off 

could someone help?

thanks 

0 Kudos
miahj14
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g cutting out

Hi,

IF you go on my post and contact Emma_C about this it will be very helpful as she needs more examples of people having this issue. I too am suffering with this, been with Virgin since Oct 2018.
matturl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same issue. Every now and again I get a flood of notifications come through late, even though my phone clearly displays the 4G icon all the time. I was apprehensive about leaving Plusnet (never had any issues with them or the network). This is the second issue I have experienced with Virgin in less than 2 months.

I have switched from the Galaxy S8 to the S10 and experiencing the same problem on both. All battery saving / data saving modes are switched off with apps granted unrestricted access to mobile network. When connected to Wi-Fi the notifications come through immediately, as they should.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Fiona.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention that you keep on dropping your 4G service. Certainly not the service we want you to get.

What handset are you currently using? Have you tried using the sim card to a different phone?

Please keep us posted, we want to help you on resolving this.

Thanks,

Anna_B

0 Kudos
Fiona155
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am using the new iPhone X

i have been talking to your colleagues on the text service on the app - one person was helpful and refreshed my account or something but it didn’t work and the other person was not helpful and just said it was coverage and made it seem like I was the in the wrong (which it isn’t as I could have full signal and it stops working)

i don’t have a spare phone to check and would mean having it in the other phone until it drops out (it happens throughout the day at different times) 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding.

I'd love an opportunity to make things right. As you know, lots of factors may affect your 4G service. I recommend to contact our customer service so they can check your account. They must check your sim card type, package and network settings. (This might be the reason)

You can call our technical team on 789/0345 600 0789.

Please keep us posted. Hoping to resolve this as soon as possible.

Anna_B

0 Kudos
fatfei
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I too get this problem when traveling distances

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello there Fatfei, thank you for your post.

Can I please just confirm, is it in a certain area when travelling that the signal temporarily drops out or is it permanently lost signal?

You can check the coverage checker here which will let you know how strong the signal is in certain areas, simply type in a post-code to search.

If this shows as no issues in the area you're experiencing this please let us know and we'll investigate further.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos