cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G signal but no connection

Fhaf
Joining in

Hi 

I’m assuming I’m not the only one with this issue. 

My data and service working absolutely fine for past 4/5 years. 

But since the new year, I don’t get a 4G connection from my home address, it shows full bars and a 4G signal but no connection/network.

as soon as I leave my area/street it works again! to use data at home I have to choose 3G from mobile data options and Itl work at a very slow pace which obviously isn’t ideal. 

anyone with the same issue and a resolution? 
I assume it’s to do with the vodaphone migration?

44 REPLIES 44

Thank you for letting me know @Nic10

Just to confirm is your VoLTE setting enabled? If not please try going to Settings > Mobile Data Options > Picking Voice & Data > Turning on VoLTE (meaning 4G Calling)

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, it wasn’t, but I have since turned this on and restarted my phone and it makes no difference either. 

Are you getting this issue in multiple locations or in one particular location?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I noticed the other day whilst out I only had 3G showing on my phone for data. 

I can only assume the signal just isn’t very good in my town. 

Might I add, my partner is still using an old sim and has no problem at home whereas I have had these issues for a while now. 

Thank you for letting me know @Nic10.

Just to confirm, is your partner's sim with us as a provider? Is the 4g issue only with making calls?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes, he’s with Virgin. It’s an older sim, the white/purple one I think it is. 

yes, it’s only with making calls. Although till this last week I couldn’t even get 4g internet, this has changed since I’ve upgraded my sim only contract with you. 

I have an iPhone 11 and I’ve had this for just over 2 years, I used this with my old contract/sim where it worked fine till upgrading it last year when the problem started. Since upgrading again I seem to have got my 4g internet working again, just not the calls. 

In this case, I am sending you a private message to further investigate this @Nic10.

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this is working for you @Nic10.

We apologise for how long it took to resolve this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No problem @Nic10

Please let me know how you get on with the email and let me know if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team